Jeff, Biscuit and I headed over to our local farmers' market for a car show today.
We almost talked ourselves out of going this morning because we knew it was going to be hot. Jeff and I had both had busy weeks at work. And there were so many things that needed doing around the house (i.e. laundry, cleaning, yard work, etc.).
So I asked Biscuit if he wanted to go see the cars at the car show.
"Will they have firetrucks?" Biscuit asked.
"No," I said. "There won't be firetrucks. It'll just be pretty cars like Dad's Barracuda."
"Will there be red cars?" Biscuit asked.
"I'm sure there will be red cars there," I said.
"Then let's go," Biscuit said.
Since the Barracuda isn't equipped to handle a modern car seat, Biscuit and I have to take a separate car. Biscuit asked me about a thousand questions on the way to the farmers' market.
We tracked Jeff down once we got to the show, then we started looking around at the other cars.
A lot of people set up those awning tents behind their cars to create some shade for themselves. You can even catch a few people napping in stretched out lawn chairs behind their cars. We usually spend most of our time checking out our competition.
Jeff and I always trade notes about cars as we walk around, and Biscuit has picked up on some of the lingo.
"Mom," Biscuit said, sounding a little excited. "Check out those door handles. Those are cool! See them?"
Then a little while later, he found some headlights he liked. "Mom, those headlights are shaped cool."
Next, we'll teach him how to spot wavy paint and recognize pitted chrome.
I laughed as we were leaving and told Jeff, "Well, we came to the farmers' market and didn't see a single vegetable or piece of fruit." But we left with a prize, and that was good enough.
Here are some pictures:
| Cars had to be at least 25 years old. They also had to be production cars. No customs. |
| This is a Graham. I had never even heard of the Graham namebrand. |
| These are the door handles Biscuit liked. |
| These were the cool-shaped headlights Biscuit liked. |
| We found plenty of red cars for Biscuit to look at. |
| Jeff won first place in his category. The plaque has a picture and an in remembrance note about a member of the hosting car club who died earlier this year. |
| We got Biscuit dressed this morning, and when I told him to go get his shoes, these are the ones he brought back. He grabbed his favorite hat on the way out the door, too. |
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar